Megamix I is a thin parge coat for the waterproofing and resurfacing of vertical masonry or concrete surfaces, as a cap coat for Xypex Concentrate, or as an architectural rendering. Megamix I is a unique blend of Portland cement, treated silica sand, fibers and proprietary chemicals. It is mixed with Xycrylic Admix to produce enhanced bond. Megamix I is applied by brush, trowel or spray up to a thickness of 3/8 inc (10 mm). The high performance characteristics of Megamix I are enhanced by Xypex’s unique crystalline waterproofing and protection technology.
NOTE: For patching or resurfacing deteriorated concrete, requiring a thicker parge coat, (between 3/8 in. and 2 in.or 10 mm to 50 mm), refer to the product data sheet for Xypex Megamix II.
- waterproof coating for vertical concrete block surfaces and cast-in-place concrete walls
- a secondary or cap coat for Xypex Concentrate applications to porous masonry surfaces
- lining for swimming pools, tunnels and tanks
- excellent adhesion and bond to concrete substrates
- easy to apply
- fiber reinforced
- reduces surface absorption
- provides good surface for painting or as a final finished surface
- used as a cap-coat over Xypex Concentrate for rapid return to service applications
- non-toxic, no VOCs
- NSF 61 certified
Packaging: Xypex Megamix I is available in 60 lb. (27.2 kg) pails.